Sunday, November 4, 2012

Doing Right

2 Corinthians 13:7 - We pray to God that you will not do anything wrong.  We pray this, not to show that our ministry to you has been succesful, but because we want you to do right even if we ourselves seem to have failed.

Paul's prayer here is very powerful.  He wanted them to do right for the glory of God.  Not for the glory of his ministry.  He wanted them to find favor with God because of God leading them down the right path, not because of Paul's teaching.

Do I demand credit when I feel I deserve it?  It is never and should never be about what I want and feel I deserve.  It is always and should always be about glorifying God.

Dear Lord, thank You for teaching me humility.  Thank You for showing me that it is always and should always be about Your power and glory.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment