Friday, November 21, 2014

Where To From Here?

Acts 8: 26 - As for Philip, an angel of the Lord said to him, "Go south down the desert road that runs from Jerusalem to Gaza."

In the last 12 hours, I have come across this passage 3 times in 3 different messages.  I figured God's trying to get my attention and tell me something.  But what exactly?

Over the last few weeks, I've been tossing the idea around in my head (a dangerous place to be for sure) and praying about ending this blog.  I have been writing it for almost 3 years, and it has been a lot of fun.  What started out as a way for me to connect deeper with God during my quiet times, by blogging what I write in my journals, has wound up being something else entirely unexpected.

When I came across this passage again this morning, I started to think about how Philip may have felt about his instructions from the angel of the Lord here.  While we aren't told that he complained about it, I'm sure there was a fair amount of confusion.  He had just been in Samaria and led so many people to faith in Jesus by preaching the Good News and now he was being called to go on a long trip by himself down a desert road.  It doesn't sound like his situation was improving much.

When he's down where he's supposed to be, he comes across this Ethiopian government official.  One guy.  After he had just led a ton of people to the Lord.  I'm sure he was probably scratching his head pretty good, but he still didn't complain or question.  He just obeyed.

I don't have any illusions about anything that I may have done during the last 3 years.  I know there are some that have enjoyed reading my blog, and others that I am sure could care less.  It's never been about how many I may have reached or what I had to say.  It's been about reaching out, and these have always been His words, not mine.

From time to time I would get a message from someone that said they really enjoyed what I wrote that particular day, or they really connected with what I was sharing.  You have no idea how much that means to me.  Words could not express the joy I receive from hearing things like that.  I always tell people that if ONE person gets something out of it, then it was worth every minute I spend every day on it.

Lately, I have felt God calling me to something else.  I don't know yet what that is, but I trust that He will show me.  When I was praying over what to write this morning, I felt God speaking to me and telling me that what I had been feeling about ending things here on this blog are indeed what He is asking me to do.  I have no choice but to be obedient.

I'm sure that from time to time I will probably do some more writing here.  I'll follow wherever God leads my heart.

Until that time comes, I want to thank each and every one of you who have read and encouraged me over the last 3 years.  Your words of wisdom and encouragement have meant so much to me.  While I have never sought the praise of man, as we all should avoid, it always feels good to receive support, love, and encouragement from those who care.  Know that you will ALL remain in my heart and in my prayers forever.

Dear Abba Father, thank You so much for the opportunities You have provided me over the last few years to share Your Word and what You put on my heart.  I don't know what You have in store for me next, but I'm sure it will be awesome, because I know that You will be in it.  If the last 3 years are any indication, I'm sure it will be something I could never expect, and will be much more awesome than I could ever imagine.  I lift up those who have come alongside me in this journey Father, and ask that You remain with them.  I pray for Your loving comfort and protection today and every day, as they seek to draw closer to You.  In the powerful name of Your Son Jesus Christ I pray.  Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment