Friday, August 8, 2014

Trust

Psalm 20:7 - Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.

It is so easy, ESPECIALLY in this time we live in, to trust in the things we have, that were made by human hands.  Things we can see, touch, and feel.  A lot of times we think, "Well I trust that this was made the right way."  We figure that our cars were made solid, and that as long as we do some regular preventive maintenance, it will be just fine.

But how often does our car break down for no explainable reason?  Anyone who has had to deal with car problems can verify that there is never a good time for it to happen.  And when it does, we either spend a ton of money to fix it, or we buy a new one.  And the cycle starts again.

I'm a bit of a gadget guy.  I don't have the greatest grasp on technology, but I understand enough.  I just love gadgets.  They're like toys for me.  I love getting new toys (don't we all).  How much do I trust in my smart phone to do everything I need it to do?  A LOT!

How much am I trusting in God to provide what I need for me?  I could easily say more than I do in my smart phone, but that wouldn't be honest.  During this time of job searching, how often have I said to myself, "I'll find something."?

It really hit me last night when I was with my Bible study group and we were going around making prayer requests.  I heard myself asking them to pray that God would lead me where He wants me to be in my next job.  Driving home afterward, it really hit me that I hadn't been involving God in my job search.  At least not on the level that I should have been (that's the top/first level).  Sure I had prayed to Him that I needed to find a job.  But shouldn't I have been praying for Him to show me where to look?  To provide wisdom and discernment during the search?

Am I focusing on God to the extent that I trust Him over any and every thing?  Am I on that continuous cycle of trusting in things that will let me down regularly, or trusting in the God that promised to never abandon me and will always be there till the end of the age?

Dear Father, thank You so much for Your daily provisions.  Thank You for putting this on my heart and reminding me that I haven't been focused on You as much as I need to be, and because of that, my trust in You has dipped.  I pray for the wisdom and strength that comes from only You to trust in You completely.  I pray for those that have the same trust issues.  My prayer is that they will realize that their trust in You has been lacking, and they will seek You through prayer and repentance.  I pray they will trust in You for their daily provisions, and not lose focus on the here and now with You.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment