Monday, August 4, 2014

Into Hiding

Genesis 3:8 - When the cool evening breezes were blowing, the man and his wife heard the Lord God walking about in the garden.  So they hid from the Lord God among the trees.

It wasn't just sin we inherited from Adam and Eve, but also the desire to hide it from God and everyone else.  As well as the desire to blame others for our shortcomings.

When we start to buy into the lie of the enemy, we believe that God will reach a point where He will stop forgiving us.  But nothing could be further from the truth.  We shouldn't try to put our sin into hiding, but openly and honestly confess it to God.  Just as God told Cain that he would be accepted if he did what was right (Genesis 4:7), so will we.

So what is right?  Well, not sinning would be the first place to start.  Of course this is difficult, which is why God's grace is so amazing.  He doesn't want us to sin, and it breaks His heart when we do.  However, because of His amazing grace, when we confess those sins openly and honestly He will forgive us.

Some people believe that a little sin is okay as long as they eventually confess it.  My question is, how do you know you have that time available to eventually confess it to God?  We don't.  We never know how much time we have.  Paul also warned us that we can't keep sinning so that we can experience more of God's grace (Romans 6:1).  When we accept God into our hearts and lives, our sinful selves were crucified with Christ, so that we would no longer be slaves to it (Romans 6:6).

This is tough to do.  How often have I tried in vain to hide my sin and my self from God, in the hopes that He wouldn't find out about it?  Way too many to count.  I kept hiding because I believed the lie that He wouldn't forgive me anymore and I feared His judgment.  Fortunately for me, I was introduced to the truth that I could never hide anything from Him.  I am thankful that I serve a God that wants to forgive my sins so He can have a close and intimate relationship with me.  He wants it so bad, He gave His only Son to die for my sin.  Because of this sacrifice, I will not take my sin into hiding with me again.

Dear Abba Father, thank You!  Thank You for showing me through Your Word and the great teaching I have received over the last few years, that You desire a close relationship with me more than I could ever fathom.  Thank You for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ so that I would be able to pursue that relationship with You.  I am forever grateful for the chances You have given me to be with You in eternity.  I pray for those that have not confessed their sins to You, and asked for Your forgiveness.  My prayer is that they will see that it is futile to hide from You, because You see everything.  My prayer is that when they understand this, they will not wait until it is too late to lay them all out before You and receive Your free gift of eternal salvation.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment