Thursday, August 23, 2012

Love

Acts 7: 59-60 - And as they stoned him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."  And he fell to his knees, shouting, "Lord don't charge them with this sin!"  And with that, he died.

Stephen was stoned to death for speaking the truth and reminding them what they had done to Jesus.  While this was happening, he followed Jesus' example of love and begged God not to hold this against them.

This is a shining example of loving like Jesus loved.  Am I capable of this?  Would I be able to pray for the salvation of my persecutors?  I believe with God's wisdom and guidance I could.

Dear Lord, please grant me the wisdom and guidance to love like Jesus loved.  I only want to bring you honor and glory forever.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment